Tuesday 17 October 2017

Day One

A few weeks ago, in the middle of a long period with no painting, a sort of painters block, I came across an idea from an  American painter's blog.  Carol Marine's Painting a Day .  For around ten years she has painted a small picture every day. It did not have to be perfect and, because it took a short time, there was no feeling of failure if it didn't work - there is always the waste bin!  She found the lack of pressure helped her to revitalise her work.  Read her blog.
I thought I would try it too and so here I am, nervously proffering my first born.  The first few will be  abstract, but I shall also do other things.


 #1a. 15cm x 15cm acrylic on paper

I am quite pleased with this; what do you think? It took about 15 minutes, I did several others but think this is the best. I may post one of the others.



2 comments:

  1. People have told me they are unable to comment! Sorry. I will try to rectify it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations with your new blog ! May imageandmeasure2 inspire and colour your (and my and many friend's) days. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete